Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

How to Stay Fit and Healthy This Spring

Happy Spring!!


 photo 486469ee-99d8-4860-a447-90342040d7ec.jpg

With the Spring season we often think of flowers blooming, beautiful sunny days and trees  in blossom; however, so me of you may be experience the dreaded spring allergies. I was hit by a pollen bus last week, and am now recovering from scratchy throat, plugged ears, constant sneezing, and bathing myself in antibacterial. Which found me pondering, "How can I stay healthy during this season," when it almost seems doomed that I'll be sniffing Flonase and carrying a box of Kleenex with me.

Here are some of my tips and tricks to make sure you won't be confined to your bedroom this Spring.

1. Drink Lots of Water. It's important to stay hydrated, it's one more thing tthat can cause you to stay strong against the cold and flu bugs. Nothing is worse than experiencing a double dose of allergies and cold/flu symptoms.

2. Stay  Moderately Active. It may not be the best idea to head out for a walk/run in the midst of pollen season, but staying moderately active can help fight against any major issues. Although Bikini Season is around the corner, choose activities that are low impact, but efficient (i.e, HIIT, Elliptical, Walking, strength training, yoga, barre, Pilates, etc.)

3. Schedule in 1-2 REST days each week. Moderately exercising is important for your health. Although many of us are looking to lose weight this season, over-exerciseing can deflate your immune system leaving it vulnerable or  catching a bug. Choose a few days to give your body rest.

4. Incorporate Honey into your Diet. Honey has antibacterial properties that can fight against both allergies and cold and flu bugs. I try to take a spoonful of honey each day ( I have an allergy blend that I got from Whole Foods). Allergy blends are a type of honey that is made from pollination of local flowers/flowering trees Also for colds you can combine a teaspoon of hone, juice from half a lemon and hot water into your coffee mug and have a soothing tea to clear throats and aid in feeling better.


Good luck this season!

Comment below of any tips or tricks you have to fight against Allergy season.




 photo HannahSig.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I'm personally a big fan of fithusiast blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete