Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

Gaiam TV Review

Gaiam TV Review




Gaiam is well known for their association with yoga as well as the myraid of workout products they sell. They are a trusted brand and one that I am familiar with. Gaiam was one of the first yoga videos I watched and fell in love with the flow. So I decided to try their 10 day free trial. The website is set up similar to Netflix. There are different categories: Most Popular, Recently Added, and such. It was easy to navigate around the website. I used the search bar to help me find what I was looking for. After searching for 'yoga,' it allowed you to also advance your search by choosing a length of time, style of yoga, and instructor. I found this to be helpful after I began to find instructors that I enjoyed. There were 1141 videos on yoga, so this feature was very helpful. Gaiam TV also has inspirational videos, spiritual videos, dance and ballet, as well as meditation guides. It provides a great selection for all stages of yoga, whether you are brand new or a spiritual guru. After your 10 day free trial, it costs just $9.95 a month.

You also have the ability to save videos on your playlist. This was a wonderful feature because then I didn't have to keep looking and searching for something I might like. I would spend a few minutes before each video and find a few more I liked, it also helped me stay accountable to finishing their videos. These were the videos that I tried and LOVED:

Kathryn Budig's Aim True Yoga: Authentic Flow
Rachel Wainwright: Ballet Pilates, Pilates Booty, Yoga Pilates Morning Mix
Faith Hunter: Shiva Flow
Kate Kendall Flow Barre: Spicy Buns, Total Body Bliss
Ashley Turner: Strength and Stamina

Pros:
Lots to search from
Great instructors and Sequences
A whole zen experience
My Playlist feature
App accessible from iPhone or Android Tablets
Reasonable price (9.95/mo.)

Cons:
Search Bar was helpful, but could be simplified










 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment