Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Book Review: Run Like A Mother


Book Review: Run Like A Mother 
by Dimity McDowell and Sarah Bowen Shea


This was a wonderful read, I found this book during my marathon training and it couldn't have been a better motivator. McDowell and Bowen Shea met and became running buddies. Running was only known to me as a solo sport, but having a running pal makes its so much better.  more enjoyable. Running is crazy sport, filled with broken toenails and sore knees. Run Like a Mother embraces this bizarre activity and shares personal stories from mother runners. I really enjoyed reading the personal pieces because it gave me, the reader and sense of belonging. It has 26 chapters, each having a .2 little quip. It discusses topics from diet, pregnancy, trail running, running with an injury, and the essentials to wear on race day.

I didn't realize that I could love running more, until I read this book. Both Shea and McDowell have different views of running (Shea like me is competitive, where as McDowell focuses more on the journey and process.) I enjoyed both of their perspectives and how to be both a mother and a marathoner was truly inspiring. 

I recommend this to anyone who enjoys running and participates in races. Its an easy and very enjoyable read. 


They also have Train Like a Mother, which is high on my to-read list



Also visit Another Mother Runner, Shea and McDowell's fun website.



 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment