Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Taste Test: Reese's Spread

Taste Test: Reese's Spread























As an Influenster, I received a bottle of Reese's Spread. I was so excited to try this product. I love Nutella and was eager to see how it compared. I must say Reese's aren't my favorite candy, but every now and then will crave that sweet and savory taste. Upon receiving the sample, I made some toast and use the Reese's Spread. I really enjoyed the combination of the chocolate and peanut butter. It wasn't like a melted Reeses' Peanut Butter Cup. It had a great consistency and wasn't too rich. We also made crepes this past week and I prefer Reese's Spread as a dessert spread and would use it more likely to enhance my desserts. My family loved the taste, I was surprised at how quickly it was consumed. A major down fall is the ingredients. Sugar is number one followed by peanuts. There are a total of 19 grams of sugar per 2 tablespoons. However, comparing it to a similar product, like Nutella (my favorite), which contains 21 grams of sugar per 2 tablespoons. Nutella also has sugar as its main ingredient.




I would definitely purchase Reese's Spread again, it's not too sweet, but satisfying and also is versatile in its various uses (fruit, bread, ice cream, crepes, etc).


Pros:
Delicious
Satisfying
Versatile


Cons:
Amount of sugar per serving







 photo signature.png

2 comments:

  1. mmmm, I've always seen it in stores but have never bought it. I think it may be too dangerous to keep around :)
    xoxo Sarah Grace, Fresh Fit N Healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally understand. I go through periods of time where chocolate is all I want, but right now I've been craving Mike and Ikes. Errr. :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete